The laws of the state of the state of South Carolina, provides for the certification and licensing of three classes of pesticide applicators:
LICENSING of Commercial and Non-Commercial Applicators is for a period of one year; from January 1 through December 31, and licenses must be renewed each year by December 31.
LICENSING of Private Applicators is for a period of five years; and licenses must be renewed by December 31 of the last year of the licensing period.
CERTIFICATION of all classes of Applicators are for a five-year period.
All pesticide applicators must be certified to renew their license.
Recertification requirements for Pesticide Applicator Licenses
Private applicators must successfully complete five (5) Continuing Certification Hours during each certification period.
Commercial and noncommercial applicators must successfully complete ten (10) Continuing Certification Hours during each certification period.
NOTE: Applicators do not need to complete Continuing Certification Hours during the certification period in which they are initially licensed.
NOTE: Individuals with more than one South Carolina License, i.e. Private, Commercial or Noncommercial, should list all of their license numbers in order to receive credit on each of their licenses, this would be done on the registration page.
For more information regarding recertification through South Carolina Department of Pesticide Regulation contact:
Each CEU is $15.00.
The following courses and appropriate CEU credits have been approved by the South Carolina Department of Pesticide Regulation.
- Beetles that Attack Wood: Identifying Beetles That Will Reinfest – 7769 – 1 CCU
- Beetles that Attack Wood: Identifying Beetles That Will Not Reinfest – 7770 – 1 CCU
- Eastern Subterranean Termite – 7907 – 1 CCU
- Environmental Protection -7771 – 1 CCU
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Its Role in Pesticide Application – 7905 – 1 CCU
- Facets of IPM in Field Crops – 7902 – 1 CCU
- Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) – 7903 – 1.5 CCU’s
- Identifying Cockroaches In and Around the Home – 7773 – 1 CCU
- Insect Pests That Attack Cotton – The Boll Weevil – 7774 – 1 CCU
- Insect Pests That Attack Cotton – The Cotton Fleahopper – 7775 – 1 CCU
- Know Your Cotton Plant – 7776 – .5 CCU
- Grasshoppers on Pastures and Rangeland – 7772 – 1 CCU
- Life History and Habits of Carpenter Ants – 7777 – 1 CCU
- Managing Pesticide Drift – 7778 – 1 CCU
- Pesticide Applicator Safety – 7768 – 1 CCU
- Pesticide Families – 7850 – 1 CCU
- Principles of IPM in Field Crops – 7901 – 1 CCU
- Principles of Pest Control on Lawn and Turf – 7904 – 1 CCU
- Recognition and Control of Some Small Vertebrate Pests Small Mammals – 7851 – 1 CCU
- Sucking Pests of Ornamental Shrubs – 7906 – 1 CCU
- The Greenbug – 7900 – 1 CCU