For more information regarding recertification of certified pesticide applicators in Alaska contact:
State of Alaska – Pesticide Program
1700 E. Bogard Rd., Bldg. B-103
Wasilla, AK 99654
Fax: (907) 376-2382
In-State Toll Free: (800) 478-2577
In the state of Alaska, an individual must be certified to:
- Use or supervise the use of an EPA restricted-use pesticide;
- Use or supervise the use of an EPA general or restricted-use pesticide for commercial purposes (for hire);
- Satisfy the requirements of a pesticide permit;
- Act as a pesticide consultant;
- Purchase or sell EPA restricted-use pesticide.
In the state of Alaska, certified pesticide applicators , as per 18 AAC 90.310)a) 2, are required to obtain a minimum of 12 CEU,s, during their three year certification period, in order to renew their certification.
The state of Alaska makes provisions for an individual to renew an expired or expiring certification by:
- Attending a training session approved by the department of Environmental Conservation or,
- Completing a correspondence course approved by the department and passing a written or oral examination administered by the department or the department’s representative or,
- Obtaining a minimum of 12 continuing education hours approved by the department on a special application form that can be downloaded from the website.
Continuing Education Requirements
The following Pestnetwork.com educational programs have been approved in the State of Alaska for CEU credits:
Each CEU is $15.00.
- Beetles that Attack Wood: Identifying Beetles That Will Reinfest – 1 CEU
- Beetles that Attack Wood: Identifying Beetles That Will Not Reinfest – 1 CEU
- Environmental Protection -1 CEU
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Its Role in Pesticide Application – 1 CEU
- Facets of IPM in Field Crops – 1 CEU
- Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) – 1 CEU
- Grasshoppers on Pastures and Rangeland – 1 CEU
- The Greenbug – 1 CEU NEW!
- Identifying Cockroaches In and Around the Home – 1 CEU
- Life History and Habits of Carpenter Ants – 1 CEU
- Managing Pesticide Drift – 1 CEU
- Pesticide Applicator Safety – 1 CEU
- Pesticide Families – 1 CEU
- Principles of IPM in Field Crops – 1 CEU
- Principles of Pest Control on Lawn and Turf – 1 CEU
- Recognition and Control of Some Small Vertebrate Pests Small Mammals – 1 CEU
- Sucking Pests of Ornamental Shrubs – 1 CEU